Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14, 2010

Still in Children's Hospital today and I was definitely due for a bath. Mommy's favorite nurse brought in a tub for me. We were kind of limited on where to have the bath because of all my cords, so we plopped it on the bed. I may not be smiling much, but I seemed to enjoy it more than anything else in days!


The doctors came in shortly after my bath and decided that I needed an IV for fluids. It was a nightmare. Each nurse is allowed 3 tries to get the IV in place. If they don't get it in 3 tries then they have to call in a new person to try. They didn't get it in place until 3 nurses later (3 nurses times 3 tries each). I wasn't the only one crying. Mommy was a wreck and Daddy had to leave the room. Mommy doesn't think there is anything worse than watching your child in pain.

With the IV line in, I was able to relax in the vibrating chair, which actually really helped me to cough - a good thing, when you're trying to clear the lungs for breathing.

Another super nurse brought in a couple of books for Mommy to read to me before bed. It was another happy point in my day. I really, really enjoyed them. Here I am finally asleep (at least until they come and check in on me in a little bit). Doesn't my crib look like something that ought to be in NASA?


No comments:

Post a Comment